Exclusive: `IM behind July 13 Mumbai blasts’
New Delhi: The Indian Mujahideen carried out the July 13 triple blasts that killed 26 people in Mumbai, authoritative sources in the Ministry of Home Affairs confirmed exclusively to Zee News.
As the investigation concluded last Sunday, Union Home Minister P Chidambaram was told, "It (blasts) was a work of IM with its signature pattern".
More worryingly, the MHA plans to tell the Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) that the IM has now got a full local network and needs very little support from Pakistan.
The blasts were carried out by local IM members hailing from Mumbai itself.
This is the first official confirmation that the blasts were carried by the IM. Earlier, the MHA had refused to speculate on who had carried out the blasts.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'