Exerting pressure on Pak to extend best medicare for Sarabjit Singh: Manish Tewari
Bangalore: All efforts are being made to exert pressure on Pakistan to ensure best medical treatment for Sarabjit Singh, Union Minister Manish Tewari said on Sunday.
"All of us are extremely concerned about the condition of Sarabjit," Tewari told reporters, rejecting criticism of opposition parties that the attack on Singh in a Pakistani jail is a reflection of failure of India`s foreign policy.
Tewari said no civilised world would tolerate such an attack, which was "very saddening".
"The External Affairs Ministry is in touch with Pakistan and all possible efforts are being made to exert pressure on Pakistan to extend best medical treatment to Sarabjit," he said.
On the Chinese incursion in Ladakh, he said India is trying its best to deal with it in a constructive manner.
He asked the media to be "extremely sensitive and responsible" when it comes to reportage of matters of national security.
Tewari, who was here to campaign for Congress candidates in the Karnataka elections, attacked the BJP government on the issue of illegal mining during its tenure which, he said, has caused a loss of Rs 50,000 crore to the state exchequer.
The average gross state domestic product of Karnataka between 2008 and 2012 is 5.8 per cent, while that of the country during 2007-2012 was 8.2 per cent, Tewari said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan