Exiled Tibetan women to campaign in Delhi from Tue
Dharmasala: Several Tibetan women in exile are set to hold a three-day campaign in the capital demanding the presence of a UN peacekeeping team in Tibet. Dharmasala: Several Tibetan women in exile are set to hold a three-day campaign in the capital demanding the presence of a UN peacekeeping team in Tibet.
The central and regional Tibetan Women`s Association will hold campaign in Delhi commencing tomorrow till March 14.
"The three-day long program includes public meeting, women`s peace rally, prayer meeting, silent protest and all-women lobby campaign," President Tibetan Women`s Association Tashi Dolma said.
The association has demanded the United Nations Organisation (UNO) to send their peacekeeping team into Tibet so that the International community can recognise all the non-violent protest methods adopted by Tibetans, including self-immolation, she said.
The international committee must call upon China to open Tibet to International free media, Tashi said.
"We would like to state that Tibetans are dissatisfied with the status of occupation, and with the harsh policies implemented in Tibet," the women association said.
The association also demands the Chinese government to conduct a review of their policies that force Tibetans to carry out non-violent protest like self-immolation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack