Expect lesser jerks on Shatabdi, Rajdhani
Kapurthala: Passengers in Shatabadi
and Rajdhani Express trains will have a more comfortable
journey since tight lock couplers, imported from Sweden, will
be installed in the coaches to contain jerks during travel.
Rail Coach Factory General Manager Pardeep Kumar today
said the factory has received the first consignment for 20
coaches. The couplers will be fitted to the new coaches.
These couplers were tested by the Research Development
and Standard Organization in Sweden and produced satisfactory
results, Kumar said here.
Kumar said the jerks occurred due to the number of
coaches attached to the engine of a train. This was a problem
faced by railways across the world.
The RCF has also placed a global tender for bio-toilets
for clean and environment-friendly railway station and tracks.
Nine foreign companies have placed their bids for the
tender, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble