Expelled BJP leader Jaswant Singh meets LK Advani
New Delhi: Expelled BJP leader Jaswant Singh on Friday met L K Advani at his residence here, raising speculation over the move.
Sources said the former Union Minister, who had unsuccessfully contested against the official BJP nominee from Barmer, spent about 30 minutes with the BJP patriarch.
Sources close to Advani termed it merely as a "courtesy" meeting as the two have shared good relations in the past.
Jaswant had expressed sadness over his expulsion after he refused to withdraw his candidature against the party`s official candidate Col Sonaram Chowdhury in his hometown Barmer. He lost by a margin of 87,461 votes.
While speculation is rife over Jaswant`s re-entry into the party, sources said the former Union Minister is also discussing the political future of his son Manvendra, who is a sitting MLA in Rajasthan but has been suspended.
Manvendra has also been removed from the membership of the BJP National Executive following reports that he was campaigning against the party`s official candidate in Barmer.
Manvendra, an MLA from Shiv under Barmer LS constituency, campaigned for his father and former Union Minister.
Jaswant had termed the action against his son as a "revenge".
"This kind of step has been taken with the intention of taking revenge. This is condemnable because he (Manavendra) is her for so many days and I never used to meet him fearing what the party will think about it. Injustice has been done surely", he had said after his son was suspended in April.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch