Expelled CPI-M leader Jitendra Sarkar joins Congress
Agartala: Expelled CPI-M leader and former
speaker of Tripura Assembly, Jitendra Sarkar today said he has
formally joined the opposition Congress alongwith 4000
"I joined Congress yesterday formally because I believe
this party can fight against the misrule of CPI-M," Sarkar
told reporters here.
An MLA for five times since 1977 and a member of the
Communist party since 1962, he joined the Congress with 4000
members in the presence of AICC member Sanjay Bapna in West
The former speaker for two terms, Sarkar was expelled
from the CPI-M in 2008 allegedly for anti-party activities. He
was denied party ticket in 2008.
Sarkar, however, claimed that he was expelled from the
party for telling the truth and exposing party leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists