Experts to debate noise pollution near airports
New Delhi: The problem of noise pollution faced by people living near airports and steps to contain it will be debated by experts at a conference here.
Experts and aircraft and engine manufacturers will share views and recommend adoption of world`s best practices at Indian airports for the benefit of the community residing near airports, DGCA deputy director general Lalit Gupta said here.
The issue assumes significance as residents of some South Delhi localities, as well as Jawaharlal Nehru University, went to court seeking steps to check noise pollution from aircraft landing at and taking off from the IGI Airport here.
Organised by the Aeronautical Society of India, the International Workshop on Aviation Environment – Community Noise and Solutions, will be inaugurated on Wednesday by Civil Aviation Secretary Nasim Zaidi, Gupta said.
Experts would give their views on noise mitigation measures and the technological advancements to improve the acoustic environment around airports, another expert Debashis Saha, who along with Gupta are office-bearers of the Aeronautical Society, said.
Airports Authority of India chairman VP Agrawal and Alok Sinha Joint Secretary in the Civil Aviation Ministry would address the conference, which would also be attended by experts from the International Civil Aviation Organisation, International Air Transport Association, US Federal Aviation Administration, European Union, Airports Council International and aircraft, helicopter and engine manufacturers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'