Face of Congress` ad faces Twitter fire
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
New Delhi: The face that has now become synonymous with Congress` advertisement pitching for Rahul Gandhi as the future leader has started to come under attack.
Hasiba B Amin, who projects herself as a young face of the Congress party in the Hindi TV ad, is being attacked on the social media.
The reason: her credentials are under doubt.
Hasiba, who is the Goa president of Congress` students wing NSUI, had in February 2012 reportedly asked for the removal of state NSUI vice-president Sunil Kawthankar after he claimed that some Congress ministers were protecting the drug mafia.
Following the campaign against her on the social media, Hasiba reacted on Thursday saying she is "disgusted with the campaign against me".
"Disgusted with the campaign against me. Not a bit of it is true. Think of the girls in ur family before u falsely spoil the image of a girl! (sic)" she wrote on Twitter.
The ad - Kattar Soch Nahi, Yuva Josh – in which Hasiba is seen pitching for Rahul Gandhi aims at an image makeover for the Congress scion.
However, with Hasiba herself under attack it remains to be seen how the ad will benefit Rahul in the run up to the Lok Sabha elections.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed