Face of Congress` ad faces Twitter fire
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
New Delhi: The face that has now become synonymous with Congress` advertisement pitching for Rahul Gandhi as the future leader has started to come under attack.
Hasiba B Amin, who projects herself as a young face of the Congress party in the Hindi TV ad, is being attacked on the social media.
The reason: her credentials are under doubt.
Hasiba, who is the Goa president of Congress` students wing NSUI, had in February 2012 reportedly asked for the removal of state NSUI vice-president Sunil Kawthankar after he claimed that some Congress ministers were protecting the drug mafia.
Following the campaign against her on the social media, Hasiba reacted on Thursday saying she is "disgusted with the campaign against me".
"Disgusted with the campaign against me. Not a bit of it is true. Think of the girls in ur family before u falsely spoil the image of a girl! (sic)" she wrote on Twitter.
The ad - Kattar Soch Nahi, Yuva Josh – in which Hasiba is seen pitching for Rahul Gandhi aims at an image makeover for the Congress scion.
However, with Hasiba herself under attack it remains to be seen how the ad will benefit Rahul in the run up to the Lok Sabha elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly