Faheem wants to shift to Rampur jail, to move UP court
Mumbai: Faheem Ansari who was acquitted
in the 26/11 terror case recently will be moving a court in
Uttar Pradesh seeking his transfer to a jail there in
connection with a case registered against him in Rampur.
"It has been three weeks since special Judge M L
Tahaliyani acquitted Faheem and another accused Sabauddin
Ahmed in the 26/11 terror attack case. But till now they have
not been shifted from the Arthur Road jail to Rampur,"
Faheem`s lawyer Khalid Mohammad said.
Faheem today approached Judge M L Tahaliyani, who is
presently the Principal Judge of the Sessions Court, seeking
for the court to direct Arthur Road jail authorities to
transfer him as also Sabauddin, who was also acquitted in the
same case, to the UP court.
Judge Tahaliyani however, directed them to file the
application before the Rampur court as he does not have the
powers to pass an order in the case anymore.
Both Faheem and Sabauddin are facing trial in UP in
connection with the attack on the Central Reserve Police Force
(CRPF) at Rampur on December 31, 2007.
Special Judge Tahaliyani on May 3 after acquitting the
duo had directed for them to be set free unless they faced
"We want the Rampur case also to start soon so that
his (Faheem) innocence is proved there too," Faheem`s wife
Arthur Road jail superintendent Rajendra Dhamne said,
Faheem and Sabauddin would be shifted only when UP police
send their guards here.
Faheem and Sabauddin were accused of conducting a
recce of Mumbai and preparing a detailed map, which was then
allegedly sent to terror outfit Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT)
operatives in Pakistan.
According to the prosecution, the map was in turn used
by the ten terrorists who had attacked the metropolis on
November 26, 2008.
Lone surviving gunman Ajmal Kasab was sentenced the
death penalty for murder, conspiracy and waging war against
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack