Faheem`s wife elated over his acquittal
Mumbai: Yasmin, the wife of Faheem Ansari whose acquittal was upheld by the Supreme Court in the Mumbai terror attack case on Wednesday, said she was "very happy" with the verdict as the terrorist tag on him has been removed.
"I am very happy with the verdict since it has come from the highest court in the land," an elated Yasmin said.
The "tag of terrorist" on him has been removed, she said.
However, Yasmin did not attend the Supreme Court hearing owing to her domestic pre-occupations.
"I am alone in my house and this news was given to me by Jamiat (the organisation which provided legal help to Fahim)," Yasmin said, adding she is looking forward to meet her husband.
The apex court today upheld the acquittal of two Indians, Faheem Ansari and Sabauddin Ahmed, who were alleged to be co-conspirators in the Mumbai terror attack case.
The trial court and Bombay High Court had also given a clean chit to them in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology