Fake currency: Nepal awaits India`s formal complaint
Katmandu/New Delhi: Nepal government officials on Wednesday said they cannot take any action in the Fake Indian Currency Note (FICN) racket against anyone, including former Crown Prince Paras, unless India lodges a formal complaint.
Taking note of the FICN issue, sources said the government has said that they will try to do their best to crack down heavily on those involved in this racket, but cannot take any action against unless India lodges a formal complaint against it.
So far, Nepal claims that there has been no official complaint from India.
On Tuesday, Union Home Minister P Chidambaram said he had raised the issue of fake Indian currency being smuggled out of Nepal with Nepal Prime Minister Madhav Kumar.
Addressing media persons in New Delhi, Chidambaram said, "I did mention this to the Prime Minister of Nepal. He shared our concern and this will be an issue that will be discussed in the Home Secretary level talks. We are concerned that FICN finds its way to India through Nepal."
Nepali nationals who were nabbed by the Anti Terror Squad of Madhya Pradesh in connection with fake currency racket have revealed the involvement of Crown Prince Paras and his links to India`s most wanted terrorist Dawood Ibrahim.
They further revealed that a prominent minister`s son Yunus Ansari was working as the conduit between Paras and Dawood Ibrahim, who between them have been pushing crores of fake currency into India.
According to sources, Dawood manages the printing and manufacture of the fake currency, while Paras is responsible for the transit of the money from other countries into Nepal and then its flow into India.
Paras reportedly used his influence to ensure the money reached the transit points on the India-Nepal border without any hitch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Christian group claims that the world will be 'annihilated' today!