Fake currency racket kingpin murdered in Nepal
Nepalganj (Nepal): In an incident reminiscent of the 1998 killing of Dawood’s henchman Mirza Dilshad Beg, the kingpin of the Indian fake currency network in Nepal Majid Manihar was murdered here on Tuesday.
According to reports, Majid Manihar, who was the supplier of fake currency into India, was found dead in a room of Hotel Gulbargha in Nepal’s Nepalganj. Sources said that he was shot dead.
Majid, like Beg was an aide of underworld don Dawood Ibrahim, and used to work for the Pakistan’s notorious spy agency ISI. He was also suspected to be involved in illegal arms racket.
Though it is still not clear who killed Majid, the needle of suspicion is pointing towards the ISI. It is believed that the he was eliminated as he was of no more use to the spy agency.
In recent times, Nepal has become an ideal ground for Pakistan to launch its anti-India activities with the objective of destabilising the country.
In 1998 Mirza Dilshad Beg, a Nepali parliamentarian with the dubious record of links with Dawood Ibrahim`s D-company and Pakistan`s ISI was murdered as a result of inter-gang rivalry between Dawood and Chhota Rajan.
In an interview published in an Indian newsmagazine, Rajendra Sadashiv Nikhale alias Chhota Rajan took the responsibility of killing Beg and alleged that "through the ISI, he (Beg) was spreading terror in India".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!