Fake currency racket kingpin murdered in Nepal
Nepalganj (Nepal): In an incident reminiscent of the 1998 killing of Dawood’s henchman Mirza Dilshad Beg, the kingpin of the Indian fake currency network in Nepal Majid Manihar was murdered here on Tuesday.
According to reports, Majid Manihar, who was the supplier of fake currency into India, was found dead in a room of Hotel Gulbargha in Nepal’s Nepalganj. Sources said that he was shot dead.
Majid, like Beg was an aide of underworld don Dawood Ibrahim, and used to work for the Pakistan’s notorious spy agency ISI. He was also suspected to be involved in illegal arms racket.
Though it is still not clear who killed Majid, the needle of suspicion is pointing towards the ISI. It is believed that the he was eliminated as he was of no more use to the spy agency.
In recent times, Nepal has become an ideal ground for Pakistan to launch its anti-India activities with the objective of destabilising the country.
In 1998 Mirza Dilshad Beg, a Nepali parliamentarian with the dubious record of links with Dawood Ibrahim`s D-company and Pakistan`s ISI was murdered as a result of inter-gang rivalry between Dawood and Chhota Rajan.
In an interview published in an Indian newsmagazine, Rajendra Sadashiv Nikhale alias Chhota Rajan took the responsibility of killing Beg and alleged that "through the ISI, he (Beg) was spreading terror in India".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- SC asks Haryana Police to finish AIPMT paper leak probe
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City