Fake doc case: CBI files chargesheet against Ramdev aide
New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Tuesday filed a chargesheet against yoga guru Baba Ramdev`s close aide Balkrishna in connection to fake documents case.
Earlier, the CBI had claimed that Balkrishna had a fake university degree which he had used to get a passport for him. This is a punishable offence under the Indian Passport Act.
The investigating agency had registered two cases against him for allegedly furnishing fake degrees for getting the passport.
The Registrar of Sampurna Nand Sanskrit University Rajnish Shukla said the investigating agency came to the conclusion after records were matched. The enrolment numbers indicated in the fudged documents belong to a different student, he added.
Balkrishna`s two degrees `Purv Madhyma`, a high school degree issued in 1991 and `Shastri`, a Sanskrit degree in 1996 don`t figure in the university`s records, he said.
The documents show Krishna Sanskrit Mahavidyalaya, an affiliate of the university, as the issuing authority, Shukla said adding the Vice-Chancellor has declared the documents as fake.
The CBI had taken all the documents from the Bareilly Passport Office after the agency registered a Preliminary Enquiry (PE) to probe whether Balkrishna had acquired the travel documents using forged documents.
Besides questions being raised about his nationality, Balkrishna is under the scanner of the central investigating and law enforcement agencies for allegedly acquiring wealth worth several crores of rupees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!