Fake doc case: CBI files chargesheet against Ramdev aide
New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Tuesday filed a chargesheet against yoga guru Baba Ramdev`s close aide Balkrishna in connection to fake documents case.
Earlier, the CBI had claimed that Balkrishna had a fake university degree which he had used to get a passport for him. This is a punishable offence under the Indian Passport Act.
The investigating agency had registered two cases against him for allegedly furnishing fake degrees for getting the passport.
The Registrar of Sampurna Nand Sanskrit University Rajnish Shukla said the investigating agency came to the conclusion after records were matched. The enrolment numbers indicated in the fudged documents belong to a different student, he added.
Balkrishna`s two degrees `Purv Madhyma`, a high school degree issued in 1991 and `Shastri`, a Sanskrit degree in 1996 don`t figure in the university`s records, he said.
The documents show Krishna Sanskrit Mahavidyalaya, an affiliate of the university, as the issuing authority, Shukla said adding the Vice-Chancellor has declared the documents as fake.
The CBI had taken all the documents from the Bareilly Passport Office after the agency registered a Preliminary Enquiry (PE) to probe whether Balkrishna had acquired the travel documents using forged documents.
Besides questions being raised about his nationality, Balkrishna is under the scanner of the central investigating and law enforcement agencies for allegedly acquiring wealth worth several crores of rupees.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Cash is not always king: FIFA chief Gianni Infantino hails Leicester `fairytale`
- US, UN condemn Syria hospital bombing in war-ravaged Aleppo
- F-16 to boost precision strike capability in anti-terror operations: Pakistan
- UN Security Council readies North Korea missile test reply
- US Vice President Joe Biden on surprise visit to Iraq