Fake doc case: CBI files chargesheet against Ramdev aide
New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Tuesday filed a chargesheet against yoga guru Baba Ramdev`s close aide Balkrishna in connection to fake documents case.
Earlier, the CBI had claimed that Balkrishna had a fake university degree which he had used to get a passport for him. This is a punishable offence under the Indian Passport Act.
The investigating agency had registered two cases against him for allegedly furnishing fake degrees for getting the passport.
The Registrar of Sampurna Nand Sanskrit University Rajnish Shukla said the investigating agency came to the conclusion after records were matched. The enrolment numbers indicated in the fudged documents belong to a different student, he added.
Balkrishna`s two degrees `Purv Madhyma`, a high school degree issued in 1991 and `Shastri`, a Sanskrit degree in 1996 don`t figure in the university`s records, he said.
The documents show Krishna Sanskrit Mahavidyalaya, an affiliate of the university, as the issuing authority, Shukla said adding the Vice-Chancellor has declared the documents as fake.
The CBI had taken all the documents from the Bareilly Passport Office after the agency registered a Preliminary Enquiry (PE) to probe whether Balkrishna had acquired the travel documents using forged documents.
Besides questions being raised about his nationality, Balkrishna is under the scanner of the central investigating and law enforcement agencies for allegedly acquiring wealth worth several crores of rupees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- China to expand counter-terror cooperation with India: Official
- PAC takes up CAG report on AgustaWestland issue
- Turkey party seeks constitutional change to boost Erdogan
- Leander Paes, Rohan Bopanna in men's doubles third round at Roland Garros
- Harshvardhan Kapoor’s Bollywood debut 'Mirzya' to release on October 7!