Fake docs: Law Min orders probe against Jt Secy
New Delhi: Five years after a senior HRD Ministry official complained about alleged attempt by some Law Ministry officials to scuttle an ongoing probe relating to use of fake ST certificate to get government job, an inquiry has been ordered into the issue.
The Law Ministry has ordered an internal probe against one of its Joint Secretaries for allegedly approaching the Chief Vigilance Officer (CVO) of the HRD Ministry to scuttle a probe against his wife for getting job of a teacher in Kendriya Vidyalaya based on a fake ST certificate.
The official`s wife is understood to be posted as a history teacher in one of Delhi`s KVs.
"...A Joint Secretary in the Legislative Department, who is entrusted with the work related to the HRD ministry, sought my intervention in an inquiry on the fake ST certificate of his wife...On more than two occasions, he wanted the matter to be closed...It has been conveyed to me by my colleagues in the higher education bureau of the Ministry that key files related to their subjects were being delayed in the Law Ministry," CVO Sushil Kumar wrote to the Legislative Department of Law Ministry in June, 2007.
Three years after the HRD official wrote to the Law Ministry, a decision was taken to withdraw all HRD Ministry related work from the Joint Secretary in December, 2010.
A recent internal note of the Law Ministry said a probe has been initiated against the Joint Secretary on allegations that he tried to scuttle a probe by the HRD Ministry.
The move to initiate probe came against the backdrop of another wing of the Law Ministry opining that submission of a fake certificate to get a government job was a "criminal offence." The opinion was based on a reference made by the HRD Ministry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head