‘Fake Indian currency traced to Pak govt mint’
New Delhi: Although, it has been known for long that the fake currency racket in India has its roots in Pakistan, the National Investigative Agency (NIA) appears to have gathered substantial proof pointing to the involvement of the government machinery in Pakistan in the entire racket.
Reports, Thursday, claimed that an NIA investigation has found that Fake Indian Currency Notes (FICN) circulated in India are being manufactured in a state-owned printing facility in Pakistan.
To confirm their suspicion, the NIA investigators sent a sample of the seized counterfeit currency notes along with original Pakistani currency notes to a panel of experts, constituted by the security printing and minting corporation of India, to examine the currency notes and give their opinion.
“The findings are startling and clearly indicate that FICN is being printed in a facility which is owned by a sovereign country,” an officer from a central agency was quoted as saying in the report.
The reports submitted by the expert committee report highlights certain similar patterns in the FICN and Pakistan currency notes. The committee has found that dry offset printing method has been used in printing the FICN and Pakistani currency.”
Another important observation made by the experts was regarding the PH value found on FICN of Rs 500 and Rs 1000 denominations, which was exactly the same as the one found on Pakistani currency.
The committee further noted that the gram per square metre (GSM) on both FICN and Pakistani currency was identical. GSM is an indicator about the paper’s nature. The almost identical GSM of FICN and Pakistani currency points to the fact that the source for both papers is same.
Moreover, the reverse side of FICN and Pakistani notes was found to be printed on Simultan Dry Offset press. Another aspect in establishing that both the currencies have the same source is the presence of poly vinyl alcohol on the surface.
The committee concluded by stating that paper making process and the printing process of the legal tender of Pakistan and the seized FICN are same, which is a firm indicator of Pakistan’s involvement in printing and smuggling the FICN.
The investigators have also established that the FICN are being smuggled into India through Dubai, Nepal and Bangladesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM