Fake licences scam: Another pilot arrested
New Delhi: The Delhi Police have arrested a
pilot working with a private airline for procuring a
commercial pilot license by allegedly submitting fake
With the arrest of Swarn Singh, police has arrested a
total of seven pilots for procuring commercial pilot licence
or Air Transport Pilot Licence by allegedly submitting fake
A total of 15 people have been arrested in Delhi and
Jaipur since March 7 after the fake pilot scam was
unearthed by the DGCA.
Earlier on March 26, Delhi Police had claimed to have
busted a gang involved in helping pilots obtain licences using
forged documents with the arrest of a senior official of DGCA
and three others, including a pilot.
Pradeep Kumar (48), presently an assistant director
with the DGCA, Pradeep Tyagi (35), a pilot who helped others
procure fake marksheets, and his two associates Pankaj Jain
(23) and Lalit Jain (34) were arrested from Delhi and Chennai
then. Two pilots were arrested earlier in March.
Mahan Jyoti Bhattacharya (37) and Mohammed K Ansari
(42) were apprehended on April five following the questioning
of two pilots Abhishek Kaushik and Hiren Nagar who claimed
that these DGCA staffers have taken lakhs of rupees from them
for providing licences using forged marksheets.
Police had yesterday said that some files related to
some pilots under scanner for obtaining licences using forged
documents have gone missing from airline regulator DGCA`s
Police have registered a case of destruction of
evidence against unknown persons in this regard and initiated
an investigation into the incident, which they believe is
done to protect some DGCA officials who were involved in
helping people procure pilot licences using forged marksheets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP