Fake pilot scam: Top DGCA official sacked
New Delhi: Aviation regulator DGCA, which
has come under the scanner over the fake pilot licenses issue,
has stripped one of its top officials off his responsibilities
following charges against him of influencing an airline to
employ his daughter, who had failed pilot test.
RS Passi, director, Air Safety, has been taken off
his responsibilities, highly-placed Directorate General of
Civil Aviation sources said here.
The sources said that Passi has neither been sacked
"He is no longer dealing with air safety matters.
Passi has been removed from his position in the air safety
directorate," the sources said.
During investigation into fake licence cases, it was
found that Passi`s daughter Garima had not cleared a flight
test in the US, but was working in an Indian carrier as the
pilot. Garima had quit the airline last month.
After going through the documents of over 4,000
licences, the DGCA has lodged 13 First Information Reports
with Delhi Police`s Crime Branch.
While six of them relate to Airline Transport Pilots
Licenses (ATPLs), seven FIRs concern records of Commercial
Pilot Licences (CPLs).
There are about 4,000 ATPLs, while about 10,000 CPLs
have been issued till date.
Three DGCA teams are currently auditing at least 40
flying schools across the country and the government has
already warned that those institutes found fudging records to
grant pilots` licences could be closed down immediately.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- LIVE: Jallikattu protests turn violent, vehicles near Ice House Police station set on fire
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog