Fake ration card in Sonia Gandhi`s name
Thane: A fake ration card issued in the name of Congress president Sonia Gandhi, enlisting names of her two children as Rahul and Priyanka, was found in Maharashtra`s Thane district, a right to information activist has claimed.
The card was issued in August last year by Thane ration authority. The family`s annual income in it was shown as Rs. 30,000 and it bore Gandhi`s New Delhi address, activist Praveen Pandey told reporters on Wednesday.
The card was found in a parking lot of the Ulhasnagar Municipal Corporation (UMC), around 60 km northeast of Mumbai.
"My friend Premchand Jha and I had some work at the UMC on Saturday and while we were parking our vehicle, we found a ration card lying in the parking lot. We thought someone must have lost it. But we were shocked to see that it was issued in the names of Sonia Gandhi and her children Rahul and Priyanka. It even bore the New Delhi address," he said.
Pandey said that with municipal polls round the corner in several parts of the state, such bogus ration cards may be used for illegal voting.
He said their NGO, Ulhasnagar Bachao Abhiyan, had written to the election commission and requested that the ration card be disqualified on the basis of the Delhi address.
"The signature of the issuing authority read as Mr. Kambale, but when we checked at the ration office, there was no officer with that surname. Hence we are convinced that the ration card is most definitely a fake and was made with a purpose to get a voter`s identity card," Pandey said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing