Fake Twitter accounts in name of PMO still operational
New Delhi: Fake twitter accounts in the name of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s office continue to remain operational today even as the Government pushed the micro-blogging site to remove such pages.
The six fake accounts resembling the PMO`s official twitter account were seen operational today with some posts making comments on today`s political developments.
One twitter account "@PMOIndia_" had its last comment at around 5 pm while another account "PM0" also had on its micro-blogging site a post around the same time.
Another fake ID site commented that the twitter account has not been blocked so far while another accounces that the account has not been blocked but said there won`t be any posts for another fortnight as the blogger was planning to go on a holiday.
"PM-India" which had more than 23,000 followers so far has removed all the tweets suo-motu.
According to PMO officials, Twitter has promised to cooperate with the government after the Prime Minister`s Office complained to it about objectionable content on six accounts resembling the PMO`s official account.
Twitter had said it was "now actively reviewing" the request and will be seeking additional information from the Ministry of Communication and Information Technology "to locate the unlawful content and the specific unlawful tweet".
PMO had asked the Cyber Security Cell of Department of IT to block these accounts as they had content having "communal overtones" and could have serious ramifications since they could be mistaken to be the official account of the PMO.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- RBI says 1/3rd of ATMS non-functional, warns of penal action
- Sachin Tendulkar biopic most awaited film of year: AR Rahman
- Rishi Kapoor 'thrilled' about 'shauchalaya' named after him
- Palestinian PM dismisses Netanyahu`s direct talks proposal
- Google's latest Android N version can be named after this Indian sweet!