Fake video: NCP leader targets Bachchan
Mumbai: Amitabh Bachchan may have threatened legal action over a fake video on YouTube that suggested him backing Narendra Modi as the next Prime Minister, but this hasn`t stopped a senior NCP leader from taking potshots at the Bollywood veteran.
"Had Bachchan`s intentions been pure, he would have complained to the cyber cell and not with the copyright authorities," state NCP spokesperson Nawab Malik told reporters.
Malik, however, said this was his personal opinion.
"His anguish stems not due to ideological reasons but out of pecuniary motive...Big B means big money," Malik alleged. "Tomorrow, if he were to get money, he will campaign for Modi," the NCP leader said.
Malik`s comments came on a day when a music composer from Rajkot admitted to having uploaded the fake video on the video-sharing website and apologised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon