Fake video: NCP leader targets Bachchan
Mumbai: Amitabh Bachchan may have threatened legal action over a fake video on YouTube that suggested him backing Narendra Modi as the next Prime Minister, but this hasn`t stopped a senior NCP leader from taking potshots at the Bollywood veteran.
"Had Bachchan`s intentions been pure, he would have complained to the cyber cell and not with the copyright authorities," state NCP spokesperson Nawab Malik told reporters.
Malik, however, said this was his personal opinion.
"His anguish stems not due to ideological reasons but out of pecuniary motive...Big B means big money," Malik alleged. "Tomorrow, if he were to get money, he will campaign for Modi," the NCP leader said.
Malik`s comments came on a day when a music composer from Rajkot admitted to having uploaded the fake video on the video-sharing website and apologised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand