Fake video: NCP leader targets Bachchan
Mumbai: Amitabh Bachchan may have threatened legal action over a fake video on YouTube that suggested him backing Narendra Modi as the next Prime Minister, but this hasn`t stopped a senior NCP leader from taking potshots at the Bollywood veteran.
"Had Bachchan`s intentions been pure, he would have complained to the cyber cell and not with the copyright authorities," state NCP spokesperson Nawab Malik told reporters.
Malik, however, said this was his personal opinion.
"His anguish stems not due to ideological reasons but out of pecuniary motive...Big B means big money," Malik alleged. "Tomorrow, if he were to get money, he will campaign for Modi," the NCP leader said.
Malik`s comments came on a day when a music composer from Rajkot admitted to having uploaded the fake video on the video-sharing website and apologised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- School dropout biggest crisis in India, says Singapore Deputy PM
- Italy quake death toll hits 278, state funeral planned
- Jigisha killer Ravi Kapoor convicted in taxi-driver murder case
- Records aside, US Open getting personal for Serena Williams
- World Risk Report 2016: India ranks 77th in world disaster risk index