Fake video: NCP leader targets Bachchan
Mumbai: Amitabh Bachchan may have threatened legal action over a fake video on YouTube that suggested him backing Narendra Modi as the next Prime Minister, but this hasn`t stopped a senior NCP leader from taking potshots at the Bollywood veteran.
"Had Bachchan`s intentions been pure, he would have complained to the cyber cell and not with the copyright authorities," state NCP spokesperson Nawab Malik told reporters.
Malik, however, said this was his personal opinion.
"His anguish stems not due to ideological reasons but out of pecuniary motive...Big B means big money," Malik alleged. "Tomorrow, if he were to get money, he will campaign for Modi," the NCP leader said.
Malik`s comments came on a day when a music composer from Rajkot admitted to having uploaded the fake video on the video-sharing website and apologised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Save your mobile data! Google Maps to get Wi-Fi only mode and more for Android
- Pakistan dismissive of India's decision to withdraw diplomats' kids
- Over 58,000 affected in floods in West Bengal, authorities issues red alert in Jalpaiguri
- Salman Khan thanks fans after acquittal in 18-year-old chinkara poaching cases
- "Come join me in the sacred land of ISIS" - Missing Kerala youth invites his family