Fake video: NCP leader targets Bachchan
Mumbai: Amitabh Bachchan may have threatened legal action over a fake video on YouTube that suggested him backing Narendra Modi as the next Prime Minister, but this hasn`t stopped a senior NCP leader from taking potshots at the Bollywood veteran.
"Had Bachchan`s intentions been pure, he would have complained to the cyber cell and not with the copyright authorities," state NCP spokesperson Nawab Malik told reporters.
Malik, however, said this was his personal opinion.
"His anguish stems not due to ideological reasons but out of pecuniary motive...Big B means big money," Malik alleged. "Tomorrow, if he were to get money, he will campaign for Modi," the NCP leader said.
Malik`s comments came on a day when a music composer from Rajkot admitted to having uploaded the fake video on the video-sharing website and apologised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UK grants asylum to Maldives' ex-president Mohamed Nasheed
- North Korean envoy rejects Trump overture to meet leader
- Trump economics would 'bankrupt America', says Clinton
- 2,000 migrants rescued from Mediterranean: Italian coast guard
- Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal along with a likely 10-member cabinet to take oath today