‘Fake’ woman pilot arrested
New Delhi: A woman pilot has been arrested in
the capital for allegedly using a forged marksheet of a DGCA
test to procure a commercial pilot licence, police said on Wednesday.
Parminder Kaur Gulati, a suspended pilot of Indigo, was
apprehended by a team of Delhi Police`s crime branch yesterday
following investigations into a complaint filed by the
Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA).
Gulati allegedly produced the forged marksheets of DGCA
Airline Transport Pilot Licence (ATPL) test to get the
commercial pilot licence.
With ATPL, one can become a co-pilot and to get a full
fledged commercial pilot licence one should have ATPL with
adequate flying hours.
Sources said Gulati had allegedly produced forged
marksheets of ATPL examination conducted by the DGCA. She
holds a valid commercial pilot licence.
Last year, during a flight landing in Goa by Gulati,
technical errors were noticed and DGCA had constituted an
enquiry to look into it.
Sources said, during investigations it came to light that
Gulati had allegedly forged marksheets of the ATPL
examination, following which she was suspended by the
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India