Falak case: Battered 2-year-old remains critical
New Delhi: Admitted in a battered state at
the AIIMS here 22 days back, the condition of two-year-old
baby Falak neither improved nor deteriorated on Wednesday with the
doctors saying she remains `critical but stable`.
"Her physical condition has neither improved nor
deteriorated as it should have been with the level of
infection present in her body. It seems medicines are doing
good to her as the blood culture in the past two days have
shown no infection. Still she remains critical but stable," Dr
Deepak Agarwal, neurosurgeon with the hospital, said.
Falak was brought to the AIIMS Trauma Centre 22 days back
with severe head injury, both her arms broken, bite marks
all over her body and her cheeks branded with hot iron.
She underwent a life saving surgery of the brain
immediately after her admission here. Later on, this was
followed by another two. Doctors even conducted a tracheostomy
on her which they claim she will have to live with for some
time even after her recovery.
The forensic department has conducted a DNA test to help
determine her paternity. Experts have confirmed that the bite
marks found on her body are that of a human, Dr Agarwal said.
"The infection in her blood is being monitored closely.
We are conducting culture reports on everyday basis to see the
level of infection present in her body. Once the reports come
negative and we are assured that she is responding positively
to the treatment, we can conduct the remaining surgeries,"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das