Falak’s `mother` can`t meet her till DNA tests
New Delhi: Battered baby Falak continues to be critical at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) where she has been battling for survival for over two weeks. But Munni, who claims to be her mother, will not be able to meet the two-year-old till DNA tests prove she is the biological parent, police said Tuesday.
The 22-year-old woman, Munni, who is also being treated as a victim in the case, claims to have abandoned Falak in September last year. She was traced from Jhunjhnu district in Rajasthan and brought to Delhi Sunday night.
"Munni`s DNA test is yet to be done. It will take some time and investigations are still on, so we are not taking her to AIIMS today (Tuesday) to meet the child," a senior Delhi police official told IANS pleading anonymity.
Meanwhile, Falak is still critical and fighting for life at AIIMS.
"Falak is still critical, there has been no major decline or significant improvement in her condition. We are continuously administering antibiotics and waiting for the culture report," Deepak Agrawal, assistant professor, neurosurgery, at the AIIMS Trauma Centre said.
Falak was admitted to AIIMS Jan 18 with severe head injuries and bite marks all over her face. She was brought by a 14-year-old girl who is now in a juvenile home.
Police are probing the human trafficking and prostitution angle in the case. A total of six people have been arrested so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city