False fire alarm in Parliament Annexe
New Delhi: Plumes of smoke due to welding work triggered a fire alarm in Parliament Annexe Wednesday afternoon prompting fire brigade to rush vehicles to the spot.
However, it soon came to light that there was no fire in the high security complex as per the call received by the Delhi Fire Department.
"It was a good intention call. There was smoke due to welding work in the Annexe. As per our procedure, we rushed fire tenders there but found that no fire had broken out," fire brigade officials said.
Six fire tenders have been rushed to the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- School dropout biggest crisis in India, says Singapore Deputy PM
- Italy quake death toll hits 278, state funeral planned
- Jigisha killer Ravi Kapoor convicted in taxi-driver murder case
- Records aside, US Open getting personal for Serena Williams
- World Risk Report 2016: India ranks 77th in world disaster risk index