Families of 26/11 Victims will find satisfaction: P Chidambaram
New Delhi: Finance Minister P. Chidambaram Wednesday said that the families of people killed in the Mumbai terror attacks of 2008 would find some satisfaction that justice has been done following Ajmal Amir Kasab`s execution.
"We should leave the matter there and move on," the finance minister said.
Talking to reporters after the hanging of Kasab, the sole surviving terrorist of the 26/11 Mumbai mayhem, Chidambaram said nothing can be done to bring back the people killed in 2008.
"Nothing that we do now can bring back the people killed, but at least the families have some satisfaction that justice has been done... we should leave the matter there and move on now," Chidambaram said.
Kasab, a Pakistani national, was hanged in a Pune jail at 7.30 a.m. Wednesday, after his mercy plea was rejected by President Pranab Mukherjee earlier this month.
Kasab`s end came five days before the fourth anniversary of the brutal terror attacks that claimed 166 lives and injured 300 people in the western megapolis, the country`s financial capital.
Nine of his fellow Pakistani terrorists involved in the Mumbai attacks were killed in gun battles with security forces during the three-day carnage. They were secretly buried in the city in January 2010 after Pakistan declined to accept their bodies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!