Families of 26/11 Victims will find satisfaction: P Chidambaram
New Delhi: Finance Minister P. Chidambaram Wednesday said that the families of people killed in the Mumbai terror attacks of 2008 would find some satisfaction that justice has been done following Ajmal Amir Kasab`s execution.
"We should leave the matter there and move on," the finance minister said.
Talking to reporters after the hanging of Kasab, the sole surviving terrorist of the 26/11 Mumbai mayhem, Chidambaram said nothing can be done to bring back the people killed in 2008.
"Nothing that we do now can bring back the people killed, but at least the families have some satisfaction that justice has been done... we should leave the matter there and move on now," Chidambaram said.
Kasab, a Pakistani national, was hanged in a Pune jail at 7.30 a.m. Wednesday, after his mercy plea was rejected by President Pranab Mukherjee earlier this month.
Kasab`s end came five days before the fourth anniversary of the brutal terror attacks that claimed 166 lives and injured 300 people in the western megapolis, the country`s financial capital.
Nine of his fellow Pakistani terrorists involved in the Mumbai attacks were killed in gun battles with security forces during the three-day carnage. They were secretly buried in the city in January 2010 after Pakistan declined to accept their bodies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan
- BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016 : BSEB Bihar Board Intermediate Result 2016, BSEB 12th Vocational Results to be declared at biharboard.bih.nic.in, www.biharboard.net