Families of Mumbai terror suspects allege foul play in arrest
Mumbai: The families of Abdul Latif and
Riyaz Ali, arrested for allegedly planning terror strikes in
the city, on Sunday claimed that the duo were falsely implicated
by the police and had nothing to do with terror activities.
Aziza Shaikh, mother of Riyaz, said, "My son Riyaz and
son-in-law Abdul Latif, who married my daughter, are innocent.
They have nothing to do with any terror activities."
Riyaz had completed his computer course recently and was
looking for a job in a call centre, she said.
"He has been working in a shop selling clothes in Thakkar
Mall," said Aziza, a resident of suburban Dahisar.
"When Riyaz did not return home on Friday night, we
thought he was hanging out with his friends. But yesterday,
his father Abu Bakar received a call informing him that our
son was arrested by ATS," she said.
"My son and my son-in-law have been falsely implicated,"
Nusrat, wife of Abdul Latif, said, "My husband never
indulged in any activities which are against our country.
Whatever police are saying is false."
"Today police conducted searches at our house in Bandra
and took away the photographs of my husband, who was involved
in stitching covers of electronic appliances," said Nusrat,
mother of two girls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply