Families of Mumbai terror suspects allege foul play in arrest
Mumbai: The families of Abdul Latif and
Riyaz Ali, arrested for allegedly planning terror strikes in
the city, on Sunday claimed that the duo were falsely implicated
by the police and had nothing to do with terror activities.
Aziza Shaikh, mother of Riyaz, said, "My son Riyaz and
son-in-law Abdul Latif, who married my daughter, are innocent.
They have nothing to do with any terror activities."
Riyaz had completed his computer course recently and was
looking for a job in a call centre, she said.
"He has been working in a shop selling clothes in Thakkar
Mall," said Aziza, a resident of suburban Dahisar.
"When Riyaz did not return home on Friday night, we
thought he was hanging out with his friends. But yesterday,
his father Abu Bakar received a call informing him that our
son was arrested by ATS," she said.
"My son and my son-in-law have been falsely implicated,"
Nusrat, wife of Abdul Latif, said, "My husband never
indulged in any activities which are against our country.
Whatever police are saying is false."
"Today police conducted searches at our house in Bandra
and took away the photographs of my husband, who was involved
in stitching covers of electronic appliances," said Nusrat,
mother of two girls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25