Families of youths on death row pray at Golden Temple
Amritsar: Relatives of 16 youths from
Punjab sentenced to death in Sharjah for killing a Pakistani
man performed prayers at the Golden Temple here today.
They told the media that they suspected "foul play" in
the case and appealed to the Centre to do the needful to
secure their release.
Families of all the 16 on death row had arrived here.
Seventeen Indians were awarded death sentence and 16 of them
were belonging to the state.
Lakhbir Kaur, sister of Kashmir Singh, "I came here to
pray for saving my brother`s life. I hope there would be a
miracle that would bring my brother India safe and sound".
Seventeen Indians were sentenced to death on March 29 by
a Sharjah shariah court for allegedly killing a Pakistani and
injuring three others in an attack last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Monsanto lobbies with US lawmakers on Indian regulatory issues
- Another on brink of extinction: Northern spotted owl added to endangered species list
- This teen daughter of slain Indian Army captain will leave all Muslim-haters red faced – WATCH
- India's 1-run loss to West Indies: Twitter world, especially KING VIRU go crazy
- China's top 500 firms report first revenue decline in 15 years