Families of youths on death row pray at Golden Temple
Amritsar: Relatives of 16 youths from
Punjab sentenced to death in Sharjah for killing a Pakistani
man performed prayers at the Golden Temple here today.
They told the media that they suspected "foul play" in
the case and appealed to the Centre to do the needful to
secure their release.
Families of all the 16 on death row had arrived here.
Seventeen Indians were awarded death sentence and 16 of them
were belonging to the state.
Lakhbir Kaur, sister of Kashmir Singh, "I came here to
pray for saving my brother`s life. I hope there would be a
miracle that would bring my brother India safe and sound".
Seventeen Indians were sentenced to death on March 29 by
a Sharjah shariah court for allegedly killing a Pakistani and
injuring three others in an attack last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened