Family of Delhi blast accused denies involvement
Jammu: A family member of Kashmir medical student Wasim Ahmed, who has been arrested in connection with Delhi blast, has claimed that he is innocent and himself volunteered to appear before the investigating agencies.
There was no official word from where Wasim, a student of Unani medicine in Bangladesh, was arrested. But Indian media is speculating that he was either nabbed from the India-Bangladesh border or has been handed over by Bangladesh authorities in Dhaka.
However, contradicting such reports, family of the accused said he was taken from Delhi airport in presence of his parents.
“We received a call from the NIA (National Investigation Agency) on Sunday. They talked to my father, who works in Kishtwar. They met my father and took (phone) number of my brother.
“They called my brother and said ‘we would come to take you’. But my brother replied ‘if I were a criminal then you would come to take me. Since I have not done anything wrong, I myself would come to you’. The NIA people received him at Delhi Airport and my father and mother were with him. Still my mother and father are in Delhi,” Ahmed’s sister, Shaziya Malik said.
Ahmed’s sister also said that Azhar Ali Padari, a member of Pakistan-based militant outfit, who is in jail for kidnapping her younger brother Junaid Malik, has implicated her elder brother in order to take revenge.
“We got them arrested because Junaid was kidnapped due to them. He took my brother’s name to take revenge. He (alleged kidnapper) wants that since his family has been ruined so our family should also be ruined,” added Shaziya Malik.
Azhar Ali was quizzed by NIA regarding the bomb blasts in Kashmiri jail, he allegedly named Ahmed as involved in the blasts.
The nitrate-based explosives that blew up at a busy entrance of the Delhi High Court on September 07 had killed 14 people and wounded dozens.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'