Family of Indian man missing in Australia appeals for help
Melbourne: A family of a 27-year-old Indian man who has been missing since May this year has appealed for help in tracing him.
Shiva Chauhan, who worked in Melbourne as a delivery man went missing on the night of May 1 after concerns were raised on his welfare when he failed to make his deliveries and did not turn up to an arranged meeting on the same day.
Later, police found his silver van parked near an empty field in Keysborough with his wallet and other belongings left inside.
Homicide squad are currently looking into the matter and has taken over the investigation into his disappearance.
Chauhan`s brother, Dinesh, who was visiting Australia to track any information on his youngest sibling claimed there has been no further development in the case.
"No clue has been found. I`m leaving Melbourne empty handed, just as I came here empty-handed," he said.
"There has been no information which the police could give me," he told SBS Punjabi radio channel while appealing to the public to help the family in providing any clue about his brother.
Shiva had migrated to Australia on a student visa from Punjab.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why