Family of Indian man missing in Australia appeals for help
Melbourne: A family of a 27-year-old Indian man who has been missing since May this year has appealed for help in tracing him.
Shiva Chauhan, who worked in Melbourne as a delivery man went missing on the night of May 1 after concerns were raised on his welfare when he failed to make his deliveries and did not turn up to an arranged meeting on the same day.
Later, police found his silver van parked near an empty field in Keysborough with his wallet and other belongings left inside.
Homicide squad are currently looking into the matter and has taken over the investigation into his disappearance.
Chauhan`s brother, Dinesh, who was visiting Australia to track any information on his youngest sibling claimed there has been no further development in the case.
"No clue has been found. I`m leaving Melbourne empty handed, just as I came here empty-handed," he said.
"There has been no information which the police could give me," he told SBS Punjabi radio channel while appealing to the public to help the family in providing any clue about his brother.
Shiva had migrated to Australia on a student visa from Punjab.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch