Family of Jammu accident victim donates body organs
Chandigarh: In a rare act, the family of a school bus conductor, who succumbed to his injuries in a road accident two days ago in PGIMER, has donated the organs of the youth which gave a new lease of life to three patients.
Parshotam Singh (27), who was working as a bus conductor in a private school in Jammu, met with an accident on Tuesday at around 2.00 PM while standing on the foot board of bus, Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) release said on Friday.
He suffered severe head injury and was immediately shifted to GMCH Jammu from where he was referred to PGIMER, Chandigarh for tertiary care management on the same day, the release said.
"The patient was received at PGIMER, Chandigarh at 7.51 AM on July 3 (Wednesday) and was diagnosed as a case of brain death," the release added.
His father gave consent to donate the organs of his son which could give life to other patients with end state ailments like kidney failure and liver failure, it said.
"Retrieval of organs i.e. Liver, kidneys and blood vessels was done after declaring the patient brain dead as per the law," the release said adding the organs have been transplanted to the needy which could give a new lease of life to three patients.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India