Farm loan waiver a `massive scam`: BJP
New Delhi: Citing the CAG report on farm loan waiver, BJP on Tuesday alleged that a fresh scam of over Rs 10,000 crore has surfaced in the implementation of the scheme and demanded a CBI probe to book the culprits.
According to the CAG report, nearly 34 lakh eligible farmers were denied their right to debt waiver and more than 24 lakh ineligible beneficiaries have gained through this "massive scam", BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar told reporters here.
"The CAG report is an eye opener and the BJP demands immediate CBI inquiry to unearth the real extent of the scam," he said.
The party also demanded that all the eligible farmers should be given the loan waiver benefits taking into account the outstanding as of March 31, 2013.
Javadekar noted that CAG has till now only checked 90,000 accounts out of 3.5 cr accounts.
"Even with this small sampling, the CAG has found out that 13 per cent eligible farmers were not considered by the lending institutions while preparing list of eligible farmers. Moreover, 8.5 per cent of ineligible beneficiaries got undue windfall profit," Javadekar said.
BJP charged that the Congress has become synonymous with corruption as yet another scam has now come to light after the Commonwealth Games, 2G Spectrum, Coal and the VVIP chopper scams.
"We demand that the inquiry must fix the responsibility and action must be taken against the guilty," he said, adding that the Swaminathan Commission formula of calculating remunerative prices- which is cost of production plus 50 per cent- be accepted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks