Farmer leader Tevatia on fast-unto-death
Ghaziabad: Farmer leader Manveer Singh
Tevatia, who is lodged in Dasna jail here, on Sunday went on a
fast-unto-death protesting registration of false cases against
him, a jail official said.
Tevatia has demanded withdrawal of all alleged false
cases registered against him and other farmer leaders and
immediate halt of land acquisition process in Uttar Pradesh,
jail superintendent Viresh Raj Sharma said.
He also wants that the acquired land should be returned
to the farmers, Sharma said, adding that his demands have been
conveyed to the district administration.
Meanwhile, senior BJP leader and local MP Rajnath Singh
yesterday requested Tevatia to suspend his fast as his
services were required by the farmers.
Tevatia was arrested in July for allegedly inciting a
clash between farmers and policemen in Bhatta-Parsaul villages
in Greater Noida in which four people were killed.
- 'Sighed with relief only after Osama Bin Laden's body reached Afghanistan' - Barack Obama in candid interview
- Sony launches water-resistant SRS-XB3 portable wireless speakers at Rs 12,990
- Check nbsenagaland.com, nagaland.gov.in for Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016
- Rahul Gandhi as UP CM? Twitteratis had a blast
- VVIP chopper deal: After CBI, SP Tyagi to be questioned by Enforcement Directorate