Farmer leader Tevatia on fast-unto-death
Ghaziabad: Farmer leader Manveer Singh
Tevatia, who is lodged in Dasna jail here, on Sunday went on a
fast-unto-death protesting registration of false cases against
him, a jail official said.
Tevatia has demanded withdrawal of all alleged false
cases registered against him and other farmer leaders and
immediate halt of land acquisition process in Uttar Pradesh,
jail superintendent Viresh Raj Sharma said.
He also wants that the acquired land should be returned
to the farmers, Sharma said, adding that his demands have been
conveyed to the district administration.
Meanwhile, senior BJP leader and local MP Rajnath Singh
yesterday requested Tevatia to suspend his fast as his
services were required by the farmers.
Tevatia was arrested in July for allegedly inciting a
clash between farmers and policemen in Bhatta-Parsaul villages
in Greater Noida in which four people were killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UK's exit from EU: India prepared for all eventualities, says Shaktikanta Das
- Britain exits European Union, first country to leave 28-nation bloc
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Senegal says ex-president Wade`s son freed after graft pardon
- OUCET 2016 Results declared; download Osmania University Common Entrance Tests 2016 Rank Card here
- Will have to see how implementation rolls out: Verma on Brexit
- Danish government-allied populists call for EU vote, PM rejects
- Three killed in shooting at Ankara hospital: reports