Farmer leader Tevatia on fast-unto-death
Ghaziabad: Farmer leader Manveer Singh
Tevatia, who is lodged in Dasna jail here, on Sunday went on a
fast-unto-death protesting registration of false cases against
him, a jail official said.
Tevatia has demanded withdrawal of all alleged false
cases registered against him and other farmer leaders and
immediate halt of land acquisition process in Uttar Pradesh,
jail superintendent Viresh Raj Sharma said.
He also wants that the acquired land should be returned
to the farmers, Sharma said, adding that his demands have been
conveyed to the district administration.
Meanwhile, senior BJP leader and local MP Rajnath Singh
yesterday requested Tevatia to suspend his fast as his
services were required by the farmers.
Tevatia was arrested in July for allegedly inciting a
clash between farmers and policemen in Bhatta-Parsaul villages
in Greater Noida in which four people were killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead