Farmer suicides a matter of shame: Swaminathan
Vijayawada: Eminent agricultural scientist
M S Swaminathan today said here the farmers` suicides was a
matter of shame for the country, and holding mere discussions
was no solution.
Speaking after receiving Dr Pinnamaneni and Smt Sita Devi
Memorial Award here this evening, Swaminathan asserted that
welfare of farmers was key to the economic growth.
Better insurance policies were needed for the farming
sector, he said, adding that `agri clinics` and `agri business
centres` should be promoted and marketing of agro products
should be improved.
Success of the Food Security Bill lies only in the hands
of the farmers, Swaminathan stated. "Farmers are the
custodians of the food security bill," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read