Farmers, small traders ignored by FDI in retail: Mulayam Singh Yadav
New Delhi: Government has neglected the interest of farmers and small traders by deciding on FDI in multi-brand retail, Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh alleged on Wednesday after his party MPs staged a walkout of the Lok Sabha ahead of the voting on the motion.
"We walked out because the government has neglected the interest of farmers and small traders," SP chief Mulayam Singh told reporters.
Asked why SP lawmakers walked out instead of voting against the motion, he said "this was the party`s decision. The party has decided to stage walk out rejecting the move."
When it was pointed out that SP`s decision has helped the government, he said "whatever the party has decided we do that exactly."
Expressing concern over the fate of farmers and small traders after FDI in retail, Yadav said the "interest of five crore small traders and 20 crore farmers and their families were sacrificed by the government`s decision. That is why we have walked out."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief