Farmers, small traders ignored by FDI in retail: Mulayam Singh Yadav
New Delhi: Government has neglected the interest of farmers and small traders by deciding on FDI in multi-brand retail, Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh alleged on Wednesday after his party MPs staged a walkout of the Lok Sabha ahead of the voting on the motion.
"We walked out because the government has neglected the interest of farmers and small traders," SP chief Mulayam Singh told reporters.
Asked why SP lawmakers walked out instead of voting against the motion, he said "this was the party`s decision. The party has decided to stage walk out rejecting the move."
When it was pointed out that SP`s decision has helped the government, he said "whatever the party has decided we do that exactly."
Expressing concern over the fate of farmers and small traders after FDI in retail, Yadav said the "interest of five crore small traders and 20 crore farmers and their families were sacrificed by the government`s decision. That is why we have walked out."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days