Farmers with less than 5 acres land under Food Security scheme
Chandigarh: Haryana government has decided to include those farmers who own less than five acres of land and have four wheelers like tractors and trolleys, in the list of beneficiaries under the ambit of Food Bill.
Financial Commissioner and Principal Secretary of Haryana Food and Supply Department Dhanpat Singh gave this information in meeting held at Ambala on Tuesday, said an official release.
As per the economic and social census conducted in 2011, total population of the state was 2.53 crore, out of which over 1.65 crore was living in rural and 88.21 lakh in urban areas, he said.
Under this programme, 90.28 lakh people in rural areas would be benefited, which is 54.61 per cent of the state`s total rural population, Singh said.
36.21 lakh people belonging to urban areas would be covered under the scheme, which is 41.05 per cent of the state`s total urban population, he said, adding that over 1.26 crore people have been identified for providing benefit under the programme which is 49.89 per cent of the total population of Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees