Farmers with less than 5 acres land under Food Security scheme
Chandigarh: Haryana government has decided to include those farmers who own less than five acres of land and have four wheelers like tractors and trolleys, in the list of beneficiaries under the ambit of Food Bill.
Financial Commissioner and Principal Secretary of Haryana Food and Supply Department Dhanpat Singh gave this information in meeting held at Ambala on Tuesday, said an official release.
As per the economic and social census conducted in 2011, total population of the state was 2.53 crore, out of which over 1.65 crore was living in rural and 88.21 lakh in urban areas, he said.
Under this programme, 90.28 lakh people in rural areas would be benefited, which is 54.61 per cent of the state`s total rural population, Singh said.
36.21 lakh people belonging to urban areas would be covered under the scheme, which is 41.05 per cent of the state`s total urban population, he said, adding that over 1.26 crore people have been identified for providing benefit under the programme which is 49.89 per cent of the total population of Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble