Farmers with less than 5 acres land under Food Security scheme
Chandigarh: Haryana government has decided to include those farmers who own less than five acres of land and have four wheelers like tractors and trolleys, in the list of beneficiaries under the ambit of Food Bill.
Financial Commissioner and Principal Secretary of Haryana Food and Supply Department Dhanpat Singh gave this information in meeting held at Ambala on Tuesday, said an official release.
As per the economic and social census conducted in 2011, total population of the state was 2.53 crore, out of which over 1.65 crore was living in rural and 88.21 lakh in urban areas, he said.
Under this programme, 90.28 lakh people in rural areas would be benefited, which is 54.61 per cent of the state`s total rural population, Singh said.
36.21 lakh people belonging to urban areas would be covered under the scheme, which is 41.05 per cent of the state`s total urban population, he said, adding that over 1.26 crore people have been identified for providing benefit under the programme which is 49.89 per cent of the total population of Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?