Farmers with less than 5 acres land under Food Security scheme
Chandigarh: Haryana government has decided to include those farmers who own less than five acres of land and have four wheelers like tractors and trolleys, in the list of beneficiaries under the ambit of Food Bill.
Financial Commissioner and Principal Secretary of Haryana Food and Supply Department Dhanpat Singh gave this information in meeting held at Ambala on Tuesday, said an official release.
As per the economic and social census conducted in 2011, total population of the state was 2.53 crore, out of which over 1.65 crore was living in rural and 88.21 lakh in urban areas, he said.
Under this programme, 90.28 lakh people in rural areas would be benefited, which is 54.61 per cent of the state`s total rural population, Singh said.
36.21 lakh people belonging to urban areas would be covered under the scheme, which is 41.05 per cent of the state`s total urban population, he said, adding that over 1.26 crore people have been identified for providing benefit under the programme which is 49.89 per cent of the total population of Haryana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back