Farooq Abdullah also demands Bharat Ratna for Vajpayee
New Delhi: National Conference chief and union Minister Farooq Abdullah Monday supported the demand for giving the country`s highest civilian honour, Bharat Ratna, to former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
"I am not from the BJP, but an Indian and no one can forget Vajpayee-ji was a great leader. I request the government to finally give Bharat Ratna to him," Abdullah told reporters.
Abdullah said the country`s first prime minister Jawaharlal Nehru had once told Vajpayee that he would one day become the prime minister.
BJP senior leader Ravi Shankar Prasad has demanded that Vajpayee be awarded the Bharat Ratna.
Bihar`s ruling Janata Dal-United Sunday also supported the demand.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!