Farooq Abdullah also demands Bharat Ratna for Vajpayee
New Delhi: National Conference chief and union Minister Farooq Abdullah Monday supported the demand for giving the country`s highest civilian honour, Bharat Ratna, to former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
"I am not from the BJP, but an Indian and no one can forget Vajpayee-ji was a great leader. I request the government to finally give Bharat Ratna to him," Abdullah told reporters.
Abdullah said the country`s first prime minister Jawaharlal Nehru had once told Vajpayee that he would one day become the prime minister.
BJP senior leader Ravi Shankar Prasad has demanded that Vajpayee be awarded the Bharat Ratna.
Bihar`s ruling Janata Dal-United Sunday also supported the demand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened