Farrukhabad is not Khurshid`s fiefdom: Sharad Yadav
New Delhi: The JD-U on Thursday attacked Law Minister Salman Khurshid for his statement daring Arvind Kejriwal to visit his Parliamentary constituency saying Farrukhabad is not his "fiefdom".
Party chief Sharad Yadav also hailed Haryana IAS officer Ashok Khemka, who was shunted out after ordering a probe into Robert Vadra`s land deals, and cautioned Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda against "suppressing" facts.
Yadav, who is also the convener of the NDA, however, deflected questions on Kejriwal`s allegation against Nitin Gadkari over allotment of a piece of land in Maharashtra, merely saying the BJP chief already denied allegations and asked people to visit Nagpur and verify the facts themselves.
Criticising Khurshid for his remarks daring Kejriwal to stage a protest in his constituency Farrukhabad in Uttar Pradesh and return from the area, which was interpreted by the activist as a murder threat, Yadav said, "Khurshid is Law Minister. He should not make such remarks.
"I do not consider appropriate what he said. Farrukhabad is not his fiefdom. It`s a free country. Anybody can go to come back from anywhere."
The JD-U president said he is convinced of the honesty of Khemka, who has presented an example in efforts to save farmers` land.
"I did not pay much attention to the DLF-Vadra issue. But Khemka has a highlighted a real problem about farmers` land. I want to tell the Haryana chief minister that suppressing facts further deteriorates the image of a politician.
"I do not approve of the behaviour meted out to Khemka. That he was transferred more than 40 times in itself is a proof that he was honest. The Haryana government should ensure his safety," he said.
While maintaining that he was not against any agitation including that of Anna Hazare earlier and Kejriwal now, Yadav said, "Constantly talking about darkness does not bring any light."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27