Farrukhabad is not Khurshid`s fiefdom: Sharad Yadav
New Delhi: The JD-U on Thursday attacked Law Minister Salman Khurshid for his statement daring Arvind Kejriwal to visit his Parliamentary constituency saying Farrukhabad is not his "fiefdom".
Party chief Sharad Yadav also hailed Haryana IAS officer Ashok Khemka, who was shunted out after ordering a probe into Robert Vadra`s land deals, and cautioned Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda against "suppressing" facts.
Yadav, who is also the convener of the NDA, however, deflected questions on Kejriwal`s allegation against Nitin Gadkari over allotment of a piece of land in Maharashtra, merely saying the BJP chief already denied allegations and asked people to visit Nagpur and verify the facts themselves.
Criticising Khurshid for his remarks daring Kejriwal to stage a protest in his constituency Farrukhabad in Uttar Pradesh and return from the area, which was interpreted by the activist as a murder threat, Yadav said, "Khurshid is Law Minister. He should not make such remarks.
"I do not consider appropriate what he said. Farrukhabad is not his fiefdom. It`s a free country. Anybody can go to come back from anywhere."
The JD-U president said he is convinced of the honesty of Khemka, who has presented an example in efforts to save farmers` land.
"I did not pay much attention to the DLF-Vadra issue. But Khemka has a highlighted a real problem about farmers` land. I want to tell the Haryana chief minister that suppressing facts further deteriorates the image of a politician.
"I do not approve of the behaviour meted out to Khemka. That he was transferred more than 40 times in itself is a proof that he was honest. The Haryana government should ensure his safety," he said.
While maintaining that he was not against any agitation including that of Anna Hazare earlier and Kejriwal now, Yadav said, "Constantly talking about darkness does not bring any light."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’