Farrukhabad is not Khurshid`s fiefdom: Sharad Yadav
New Delhi: The JD-U on Thursday attacked Law Minister Salman Khurshid for his statement daring Arvind Kejriwal to visit his Parliamentary constituency saying Farrukhabad is not his "fiefdom".
Party chief Sharad Yadav also hailed Haryana IAS officer Ashok Khemka, who was shunted out after ordering a probe into Robert Vadra`s land deals, and cautioned Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda against "suppressing" facts.
Yadav, who is also the convener of the NDA, however, deflected questions on Kejriwal`s allegation against Nitin Gadkari over allotment of a piece of land in Maharashtra, merely saying the BJP chief already denied allegations and asked people to visit Nagpur and verify the facts themselves.
Criticising Khurshid for his remarks daring Kejriwal to stage a protest in his constituency Farrukhabad in Uttar Pradesh and return from the area, which was interpreted by the activist as a murder threat, Yadav said, "Khurshid is Law Minister. He should not make such remarks.
"I do not consider appropriate what he said. Farrukhabad is not his fiefdom. It`s a free country. Anybody can go to come back from anywhere."
The JD-U president said he is convinced of the honesty of Khemka, who has presented an example in efforts to save farmers` land.
"I did not pay much attention to the DLF-Vadra issue. But Khemka has a highlighted a real problem about farmers` land. I want to tell the Haryana chief minister that suppressing facts further deteriorates the image of a politician.
"I do not approve of the behaviour meted out to Khemka. That he was transferred more than 40 times in itself is a proof that he was honest. The Haryana government should ensure his safety," he said.
While maintaining that he was not against any agitation including that of Anna Hazare earlier and Kejriwal now, Yadav said, "Constantly talking about darkness does not bring any light."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!