Farrukhabad is not Khurshid`s fiefdom: Sharad Yadav
New Delhi: The JD-U on Thursday attacked Law Minister Salman Khurshid for his statement daring Arvind Kejriwal to visit his Parliamentary constituency saying Farrukhabad is not his "fiefdom".
Party chief Sharad Yadav also hailed Haryana IAS officer Ashok Khemka, who was shunted out after ordering a probe into Robert Vadra`s land deals, and cautioned Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda against "suppressing" facts.
Yadav, who is also the convener of the NDA, however, deflected questions on Kejriwal`s allegation against Nitin Gadkari over allotment of a piece of land in Maharashtra, merely saying the BJP chief already denied allegations and asked people to visit Nagpur and verify the facts themselves.
Criticising Khurshid for his remarks daring Kejriwal to stage a protest in his constituency Farrukhabad in Uttar Pradesh and return from the area, which was interpreted by the activist as a murder threat, Yadav said, "Khurshid is Law Minister. He should not make such remarks.
"I do not consider appropriate what he said. Farrukhabad is not his fiefdom. It`s a free country. Anybody can go to come back from anywhere."
The JD-U president said he is convinced of the honesty of Khemka, who has presented an example in efforts to save farmers` land.
"I did not pay much attention to the DLF-Vadra issue. But Khemka has a highlighted a real problem about farmers` land. I want to tell the Haryana chief minister that suppressing facts further deteriorates the image of a politician.
"I do not approve of the behaviour meted out to Khemka. That he was transferred more than 40 times in itself is a proof that he was honest. The Haryana government should ensure his safety," he said.
While maintaining that he was not against any agitation including that of Anna Hazare earlier and Kejriwal now, Yadav said, "Constantly talking about darkness does not bring any light."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- India's 1-run loss to West Indies: Twitter world, especially KING VIRU go crazy
- China's top 500 firms report first revenue decline in 15 years
- ONGC hires consultant to assess reserves in GSPC KG gas block
- OMG! Young girl borrows phone from unknown people to send 'mujra' ladies for clients - WATCH what happens next
- PM Narendra Modi brings water to parched Saurashtra region in Gujarat