Fasih`s family to seek his speedy trial
Darbhanga: Family of Fasih Mohammed, a suspected Indian Mujahideen terrorist who has been deported to India after five months of detention in Saudi Arabia, has decided to move the Supreme Court for speedy trial.
"We will request the Supreme Court for speedy trial so that Fasih is proved innocent at the earliest," his father Firoz Ahmed said.
"My father (Mehmood Babu) was chief of Keoti panchayat for 22 years and respected by all section of people because of his clean image...My family does not have any criminal antecedents," Ahmed said.
He said, "We have full faith in the Supreme Court which will do justice to my son."
Fasih`s wife Nikhat Parveen and mother Amra Zamal have gone to Delhi, Ahmed, who is Medical Officer of Government Primary Health Centre at Benipatti in neighbouring Madhubani district, said.
Fasih`s mother is headmistress of an Urdu school here.
Fasih`s wife Nikhat Parveen had approached the Supreme Court in May this year claiming that her husband was in the custody of central security agencies, a charge denied by the government.
Fasih is alleged to have been involved in the Chinnaswamy Stadium blast in Bangalore and the shooting near Jama Masjid (Delhi), both in 2010, and is wanted by Delhi and Karnataka police.
Fasih`s family hails from Barh Samaila village, about 35 km from the Darbhanga town.
Fasih did his intermediate from Millat college in Darbhanga and engineering from Anjuman Engineering college at Bhatkal in Karnataka. Five years back, he went to Saudi Arabia where his brother works. Fasih was employed as an engineer in a Saudi firm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday