‘Fast friends’ Anna, Kejriwal to bond again?
New Delhi: Months after they parted ways, speculation was rife on Monday about the possible reunion – albeit to a limited extent – between social activist Anna Hazare and Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Arvind Kejriwal.
The idea gained ground after Kejriwal met Anna at Ralegan Siddhi today. Following the meeting, key AAP member Kumar Vishwas posted on his Facebook page that the Jan Lokpal crusader will be joining Arvind Kejriwal during the latter’s proposed fast in the capital. He wrote, “Anna will join Arvind during the fast (Anna aa rahe hain upwas mein Arvind ke sath).”
Reports however quoted both AAP representatives and close aides of Anna as saying that nothing definite has been planned yet.
Arvind Kejriwal’s proposed indefinite fast from March 23 is against rising electricity and water tariff in the capital.
The duo had spearheaded a long drawn battle for Jan Lokpal. Later they parted ways when Kejriwal formed AAP and Anna decided to continue anti-corruption drive apolitically.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Bezwada Wilson, T M Krishna win Ramon Magsaysay Award
- Caribbean Premier League eyes US ahead of T20 games
- Mayawati slur row: Expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh spotted in Jharkhand – See pics
- US mother thrashes daughter on Facebook Live –Know why
- Anuja Chauhan's next novel to be about men in uniform