‘Fast friends’ Anna, Kejriwal to bond again?
New Delhi: Months after they parted ways, speculation was rife on Monday about the possible reunion – albeit to a limited extent – between social activist Anna Hazare and Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Arvind Kejriwal.
The idea gained ground after Kejriwal met Anna at Ralegan Siddhi today. Following the meeting, key AAP member Kumar Vishwas posted on his Facebook page that the Jan Lokpal crusader will be joining Arvind Kejriwal during the latter’s proposed fast in the capital. He wrote, “Anna will join Arvind during the fast (Anna aa rahe hain upwas mein Arvind ke sath).”
Reports however quoted both AAP representatives and close aides of Anna as saying that nothing definite has been planned yet.
Arvind Kejriwal’s proposed indefinite fast from March 23 is against rising electricity and water tariff in the capital.
The duo had spearheaded a long drawn battle for Jan Lokpal. Later they parted ways when Kejriwal formed AAP and Anna decided to continue anti-corruption drive apolitically.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`