‘Fast friends’ Anna, Kejriwal to bond again?
New Delhi: Months after they parted ways, speculation was rife on Monday about the possible reunion – albeit to a limited extent – between social activist Anna Hazare and Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Arvind Kejriwal.
The idea gained ground after Kejriwal met Anna at Ralegan Siddhi today. Following the meeting, key AAP member Kumar Vishwas posted on his Facebook page that the Jan Lokpal crusader will be joining Arvind Kejriwal during the latter’s proposed fast in the capital. He wrote, “Anna will join Arvind during the fast (Anna aa rahe hain upwas mein Arvind ke sath).”
Reports however quoted both AAP representatives and close aides of Anna as saying that nothing definite has been planned yet.
Arvind Kejriwal’s proposed indefinite fast from March 23 is against rising electricity and water tariff in the capital.
The duo had spearheaded a long drawn battle for Jan Lokpal. Later they parted ways when Kejriwal formed AAP and Anna decided to continue anti-corruption drive apolitically.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Why are Antarctica ice-levels increasing? NASA has the answer!
- Buyout group to back rival's bid for Tata's UK steel assets - Sources
- French Open 2016: Angry Nick Kyrgios, Petra Kvitova pass chilly Roland Garros tests
- Working towards a technology which enables consumer to control electrical appliances at home sitting in office: TPDDL CEO Praveer Sinha
- Modi in Iran: PM promises big celebration of Guru Gobind Singh's birth anniversary