Fast interceptor boat for Coastal Security Group
Porayar: The Coastal Security Group of
Tamil Nadu Police at Nagapattinam has been provided with a
state-of-the-art fast interceptor boat as part of efforts to
step up security along the coast in the aftermath of the
Mumbai terror attacks, officials said.
The Rs 2.5 crore boat weighs about 12 tonnes and is
capable of quickly attaining high speed and is fitted with
modern navigation and communication equipment, they said.
The boat will not be used for normal surveillance
activities, but for rescuing fishermen in distress and to
pursue "suspicious looking vessels", they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Interesting numbers on India's beggar population out! How do Hindus and Muslims fare? - Read
- Turkey military purge harming fight against Islamic State: Clapper
- Behind the scenes: Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel will show you how to have fun – Watch
- Al Qaeda and Syria branch split up
- Chidambaram rejects FM Jaitley's remarks over inflation