Fast interceptor boat for Coastal Security Group
Porayar: The Coastal Security Group of
Tamil Nadu Police at Nagapattinam has been provided with a
state-of-the-art fast interceptor boat as part of efforts to
step up security along the coast in the aftermath of the
Mumbai terror attacks, officials said.
The Rs 2.5 crore boat weighs about 12 tonnes and is
capable of quickly attaining high speed and is fitted with
modern navigation and communication equipment, they said.
The boat will not be used for normal surveillance
activities, but for rescuing fishermen in distress and to
pursue "suspicious looking vessels", they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics