Fast interceptor boat for Coastal Security Group
Porayar: The Coastal Security Group of
Tamil Nadu Police at Nagapattinam has been provided with a
state-of-the-art fast interceptor boat as part of efforts to
step up security along the coast in the aftermath of the
Mumbai terror attacks, officials said.
The Rs 2.5 crore boat weighs about 12 tonnes and is
capable of quickly attaining high speed and is fitted with
modern navigation and communication equipment, they said.
The boat will not be used for normal surveillance
activities, but for rescuing fishermen in distress and to
pursue "suspicious looking vessels", they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees