Fast interceptor boat for Coastal Security Group
Porayar: The Coastal Security Group of
Tamil Nadu Police at Nagapattinam has been provided with a
state-of-the-art fast interceptor boat as part of efforts to
step up security along the coast in the aftermath of the
Mumbai terror attacks, officials said.
The Rs 2.5 crore boat weighs about 12 tonnes and is
capable of quickly attaining high speed and is fitted with
modern navigation and communication equipment, they said.
The boat will not be used for normal surveillance
activities, but for rescuing fishermen in distress and to
pursue "suspicious looking vessels", they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'