Fasting Ramdev`s health deteriorates
Haridwar: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev`s health has
started deteriorating as his fast for tougher anti-graft laws
and bringing back blackmoney from foreign nations, entered
fifth day here Wednesday.
Doctors attending to the yoga guru have advised liquid
intake and requested him to end his fast soon.
"His health is going down. He has lost weight and is
suffering from dehydration. He is not keeping well," Chief
Medical Officer, Haridwar Dr Yogesh Sharma said briefing
mediapersons about Ramdev`s regular checkups.
Sharma said, "We have requested that he should take liquid
intake like milk and juices. It will be better if he ends his
The yoga guru, along with hundreds of his disciples, is
observing a fast from June 4 at Patanjali Yogapeeth, around 20
kms from here, to press for his demands of bringing back black
money from foreign nations, tougher anti-graft laws and to
uproot corruption from the country.
Earlier in the day, Ramdev did not show any sign of
relentlessness and said that his fast will continue till
Centre accepts all his demands.
"My fast is on along with thousands of my followers in
each and every part of this
country. People in 624 districts
are on fast," he said.
He said, "I request children, old age people not to
participate in the fast. Others should join this movement like
many of their brethren."
Scores of Ramdev supporters are also participating in a
day-long sit-in by social activist Anna Hazare demanding a
strong anti-corruption Lokpal bill in New Delhi today.
Ramdev`s followers continue to pour in from all over the
country, raising anti-graft slogans, chanting holy songs and
listening to sermons being given by religious leaders at the
huge `yagya shala` inside the Yogapeeth.
"We are with Baba till he ends his fast. There are many
others who are also fasting along with him," said Lokesh, who
has come from Haldwani near here to participate in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars