Fate of Govindacharya, Uma to be decided by party: Gadkari
Nagpur: The newly elected national BJP president Nitin Gadkari on Monday said that the party will soon decide the fate of ideologue Govindacharya and Bhatiya Janashakti Party president Uma Bharti on their return to the party fold.
"We would be addressing media on December 24 to spell out the policy of the party and also the fate of these two leaders who have fallen out of the BJP for now," Gadkari who came to Vidhan Bhawan for the first time after becoming national party president, told reporters.
Meanwhile the Maharashtra State Legislative Council today congratulated Gadkari who is Member of the Upper House on his elevation to the highest party post. Moving a resolution in the House, Leader of the House and Deputy Chief Minister Chagan Bhujbal, Opposition Leader in the House, Pandurang Phundkar, Minister for Law and Judiciary Radhakrishna Vikhe Patil complimented Gadkari for his achievement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand