Fate of Govindacharya, Uma to be decided by party: Gadkari
Nagpur: The newly elected national BJP president Nitin Gadkari on Monday said that the party will soon decide the fate of ideologue Govindacharya and Bhatiya Janashakti Party president Uma Bharti on their return to the party fold.
"We would be addressing media on December 24 to spell out the policy of the party and also the fate of these two leaders who have fallen out of the BJP for now," Gadkari who came to Vidhan Bhawan for the first time after becoming national party president, told reporters.
Meanwhile the Maharashtra State Legislative Council today congratulated Gadkari who is Member of the Upper House on his elevation to the highest party post. Moving a resolution in the House, Leader of the House and Deputy Chief Minister Chagan Bhujbal, Opposition Leader in the House, Pandurang Phundkar, Minister for Law and Judiciary Radhakrishna Vikhe Patil complimented Gadkari for his achievement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj