Father, son die after eating poisoned food
Mathura: A month after his wife killed herself, a 45-year-old man allegedly committed suicide after poisoning the food of his four children, killing one of them in Mayapuri colony here, police said today.
Veer Pal, a resident of Mayapuri colony mixed sulfas tablets in the food and served it to his son and three daughters yesterday and also consumed the poisoned food himself, police said.
The family members were rushed to a hospital by the neighbours when their condition started deteriorating.
Veer Pal died in the hospital last night, while his 14-year-old son Kuldeep died today, SSP Nitin Tewari said.
The three daughters Shital (12 years), Isika (10 years) and Shivani (5 years) were still fighting for their lives in the hospital.
"Since, only three girls were left in the family, a message has been sent to their relatives. However, if nobody turns up, they would be shifted to Anathalaya or woman home," SSP Nitin Tewari said.
A home-guard has also been posted in the hospital to look after the ailing girls, Tewari said.
Their mother, Ranjita (40 year) has committed suicide nearly a month ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack