Father, son die after eating poisoned food
Mathura: A month after his wife killed herself, a 45-year-old man allegedly committed suicide after poisoning the food of his four children, killing one of them in Mayapuri colony here, police said today.
Veer Pal, a resident of Mayapuri colony mixed sulfas tablets in the food and served it to his son and three daughters yesterday and also consumed the poisoned food himself, police said.
The family members were rushed to a hospital by the neighbours when their condition started deteriorating.
Veer Pal died in the hospital last night, while his 14-year-old son Kuldeep died today, SSP Nitin Tewari said.
The three daughters Shital (12 years), Isika (10 years) and Shivani (5 years) were still fighting for their lives in the hospital.
"Since, only three girls were left in the family, a message has been sent to their relatives. However, if nobody turns up, they would be shifted to Anathalaya or woman home," SSP Nitin Tewari said.
A home-guard has also been posted in the hospital to look after the ailing girls, Tewari said.
Their mother, Ranjita (40 year) has committed suicide nearly a month ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him