Father, son die after eating poisoned food
Mathura: A month after his wife killed herself, a 45-year-old man allegedly committed suicide after poisoning the food of his four children, killing one of them in Mayapuri colony here, police said today.
Veer Pal, a resident of Mayapuri colony mixed sulfas tablets in the food and served it to his son and three daughters yesterday and also consumed the poisoned food himself, police said.
The family members were rushed to a hospital by the neighbours when their condition started deteriorating.
Veer Pal died in the hospital last night, while his 14-year-old son Kuldeep died today, SSP Nitin Tewari said.
The three daughters Shital (12 years), Isika (10 years) and Shivani (5 years) were still fighting for their lives in the hospital.
"Since, only three girls were left in the family, a message has been sent to their relatives. However, if nobody turns up, they would be shifted to Anathalaya or woman home," SSP Nitin Tewari said.
A home-guard has also been posted in the hospital to look after the ailing girls, Tewari said.
Their mother, Ranjita (40 year) has committed suicide nearly a month ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest