Father, three-year-old son gunned down in Kashmir
Srinagar, July 23: A three-year-old boy and his father were shot dead by suspected guerrillas in a south Kashmir village, police said Thursday. Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has condemned the murder and challenged the separatists` silence over it.
The incident occurred Wednesday night in south Kashmir Shopian district that has been on the boil since May 30 after the rape and murder of two women allegedly by security forces.
A police spokesman said guerrillas barged into the house of Mohammed Aslam Awan, 30, and sprayed bullets from automatic weapons at the inmates on him and his son.
"Awan and his son Arif died instantly," the police spokesman said.
He said the bodies were shifted to hospital for autopsy.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah condemned the killings, challenging the separatist leaders on their silence over the gruesome father-son murder.
- Temples, trusts deposit 1,512 kg gold under GMS: Sinha
- Here's how Vinod Kambli answered a question about Arjun Tendulkar and his son playing for India!
- Amazing! School of fish drinks milk from bottle like human babies – Watch
- Delhi wants permanent Odd-Even, finds survey
- Now, BSF installs laser walls on Indo-Pak border to check infiltration: Reports