Father, three-year-old son gunned down in Kashmir
Srinagar, July 23: A three-year-old boy and his father were shot dead by suspected guerrillas in a south Kashmir village, police said Thursday. Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has condemned the murder and challenged the separatists` silence over it.
The incident occurred Wednesday night in south Kashmir Shopian district that has been on the boil since May 30 after the rape and murder of two women allegedly by security forces.
A police spokesman said guerrillas barged into the house of Mohammed Aslam Awan, 30, and sprayed bullets from automatic weapons at the inmates on him and his son.
"Awan and his son Arif died instantly," the police spokesman said.
He said the bodies were shifted to hospital for autopsy.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah condemned the killings, challenging the separatist leaders on their silence over the gruesome father-son murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!