FB offers Rs 1.34 cr package to Allahabad student
Allahabad: Social networking giant Facebook
has hired an engineering student for a fat annual pay
package of Rs 1.34 crore, one of the biggest offers made to
alumnus of any technical institution of the country.
According to P Chakravarti, Director of the Motilal Nehru
National Institute of Technology (MNNIT), a B.Tech student
from the institute, who has requested that his name be
withheld for "security reasons", received a letter on March 27
from Facebook confirming his appointment and the annual pay
package on offer was stated to be USD 262,500 (around Rs 1.34
Interestingly, the MNNIT Director said the recruitment
process began with a mail from Facebook "in October last year
which was followed by nine rounds of telephonic interviews"
before he was finally selected for the plush job which would
require the student, who hails from Kanpur, to move to Menlo
Park in California after finishing his software engineering
course at the institute.
"Many students from our institute have bagged lucrative
jobs. We have knowledge of at least 30 of our alumni getting
selected with packages of more than Rs 10 lakh from companies
like Microsoft, Amazon, Adobe etc", Chakravarti said.
"However, this one has been unprecedented and we are sure
that no other student from any of the other institutions in
the city or the more than two dozen National Institutes of
Technology across the country has so far been offered such an
awesome pay package", he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj