FB offers Rs 1.34 cr package to Allahabad student
Allahabad: Social networking giant Facebook
has hired an engineering student for a fat annual pay
package of Rs 1.34 crore, one of the biggest offers made to
alumnus of any technical institution of the country.
According to P Chakravarti, Director of the Motilal Nehru
National Institute of Technology (MNNIT), a B.Tech student
from the institute, who has requested that his name be
withheld for "security reasons", received a letter on March 27
from Facebook confirming his appointment and the annual pay
package on offer was stated to be USD 262,500 (around Rs 1.34
Interestingly, the MNNIT Director said the recruitment
process began with a mail from Facebook "in October last year
which was followed by nine rounds of telephonic interviews"
before he was finally selected for the plush job which would
require the student, who hails from Kanpur, to move to Menlo
Park in California after finishing his software engineering
course at the institute.
"Many students from our institute have bagged lucrative
jobs. We have knowledge of at least 30 of our alumni getting
selected with packages of more than Rs 10 lakh from companies
like Microsoft, Amazon, Adobe etc", Chakravarti said.
"However, this one has been unprecedented and we are sure
that no other student from any of the other institutions in
the city or the more than two dozen National Institutes of
Technology across the country has so far been offered such an
awesome pay package", he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!