Mumbai: The Federal Bureau of Investigation
(FBI) has sent in a request to the Indian authorities for
information on Mumbai terror attacks since American nationals
were killed in the carnage perpetrated by Pakistan-based
The formal request through a Letters Rogatory has been
sent to a Mumbai special court by a Chicago court, official
sources said here today.
The information is needed by FBI which has been
conducting a probe in the US about the terror attack on
November 26, 2008 in which more than 160 people were killed,
the sources said.
The LR was forwarded by a Metropolitan Magistrate in
South Mumbai to the Principal sessions judge M L Tahiliyani
who had conducted the 26/11 terror attack trial in a special
court at Arthur Road jail last year.
"We have received such a letter from the court of
Metropolitan Magistrate and we shall take appropriate steps in
this regard after consideration," a senior court official
Besides, the investigations in the 26/11 terror case, FBI
is also conducting a probe into the death of three US
nationals, who were held hostages at Hotels Taj and Oberoi by
terrorists during the siege of the city during the diabolic
attack in 2008.
The US police is also gathering information on David
Headley who is reported to have conducted reconnaissance of
26/11 targets and made a film of these places to supply
information to LeT bosses in Pakistan.