FDI debate in RS entailing voting
New Delhi: The five-day deadlock in Rajya Sabha on the FDI issue on Friday ended after Chairman Hamid Ansari allowed a discussion on the issue under a rule that allows voting.
When the House met for the day, Ansari said he has received eight notices for discussion on allowing FDI in multi-brand retail under Rule 168.
He said he has admitted the motion and "will allow discussion on the subject under Rule 168."
"Date and time of discussion will be decided (later)," he said.
Ravi Shankar Prasad (BJP) said he wished to convey gratitude to the Chairman for accepting a discussion under Rule 168 and promised "full cooperation in running of the House."
Opposition parties had paralysed Parliament for five days demanding a discussion on the issue under a rule that allows voting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read