FDI debate in RS entailing voting
New Delhi: The five-day deadlock in Rajya Sabha on the FDI issue on Friday ended after Chairman Hamid Ansari allowed a discussion on the issue under a rule that allows voting.
When the House met for the day, Ansari said he has received eight notices for discussion on allowing FDI in multi-brand retail under Rule 168.
He said he has admitted the motion and "will allow discussion on the subject under Rule 168."
"Date and time of discussion will be decided (later)," he said.
Ravi Shankar Prasad (BJP) said he wished to convey gratitude to the Chairman for accepting a discussion under Rule 168 and promised "full cooperation in running of the House."
Opposition parties had paralysed Parliament for five days demanding a discussion on the issue under a rule that allows voting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter