FDI policy has approval of Lok Sabha: PM
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Wednesday said the decision to have FDI in multi-brand retail has the approval of the House.
"FDI has approval of the House," Manmohan Singh told reporters after the Opposition-sponsored motion opposing the decision on Foreign Direct Investment in retail was defeated in the Lok Sabha.
Singh said the government is confident of the numbers in the Rajya Sabha.
"We are confident of numbers in the Rajya Sabha," he said.
The Rajya Sabha will discuss the issue on December 06-07 and vote on December 07.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore