FDI policy has approval of Lok Sabha: PM
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Wednesday said the decision to have FDI in multi-brand retail has the approval of the House.
"FDI has approval of the House," Manmohan Singh told reporters after the Opposition-sponsored motion opposing the decision on Foreign Direct Investment in retail was defeated in the Lok Sabha.
Singh said the government is confident of the numbers in the Rajya Sabha.
"We are confident of numbers in the Rajya Sabha," he said.
The Rajya Sabha will discuss the issue on December 06-07 and vote on December 07.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'