FDI will not destroy farmers: RLD
New Delhi: Lending support to foreign direct investment (FDI) in multi-brand retail, the Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) Wednesday said the move will not destroy small manufacturers and farmers.
"FDI will not bring any revolution in the country. It will take some time before we see its positive effects and it is wrong to say it will destroy farmers and small manufacturers," RLD MP Jayant Chaudhury said during a debate in the Lok Sabha on the issue.
He said that rather than getting worried about FDI in retail, the country needed to ponder what policies were required to protect farmers and small manufacturers.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India