FDI will not destroy farmers: RLD
New Delhi: Lending support to foreign direct investment (FDI) in multi-brand retail, the Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) Wednesday said the move will not destroy small manufacturers and farmers.
"FDI will not bring any revolution in the country. It will take some time before we see its positive effects and it is wrong to say it will destroy farmers and small manufacturers," RLD MP Jayant Chaudhury said during a debate in the Lok Sabha on the issue.
He said that rather than getting worried about FDI in retail, the country needed to ponder what policies were required to protect farmers and small manufacturers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?