FDI will not destroy farmers: RLD
New Delhi: Lending support to foreign direct investment (FDI) in multi-brand retail, the Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) Wednesday said the move will not destroy small manufacturers and farmers.
"FDI will not bring any revolution in the country. It will take some time before we see its positive effects and it is wrong to say it will destroy farmers and small manufacturers," RLD MP Jayant Chaudhury said during a debate in the Lok Sabha on the issue.
He said that rather than getting worried about FDI in retail, the country needed to ponder what policies were required to protect farmers and small manufacturers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach