FDI will not destroy farmers: RLD
New Delhi: Lending support to foreign direct investment (FDI) in multi-brand retail, the Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) Wednesday said the move will not destroy small manufacturers and farmers.
"FDI will not bring any revolution in the country. It will take some time before we see its positive effects and it is wrong to say it will destroy farmers and small manufacturers," RLD MP Jayant Chaudhury said during a debate in the Lok Sabha on the issue.
He said that rather than getting worried about FDI in retail, the country needed to ponder what policies were required to protect farmers and small manufacturers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday