FDI will not destroy farmers: RLD
New Delhi: Lending support to foreign direct investment (FDI) in multi-brand retail, the Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) Wednesday said the move will not destroy small manufacturers and farmers.
"FDI will not bring any revolution in the country. It will take some time before we see its positive effects and it is wrong to say it will destroy farmers and small manufacturers," RLD MP Jayant Chaudhury said during a debate in the Lok Sabha on the issue.
He said that rather than getting worried about FDI in retail, the country needed to ponder what policies were required to protect farmers and small manufacturers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter