`Feku` Modi don`t lie: Digvijay Singh
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The war of words between the Bharatiya Janata Party and Congress over reports that claim Narendra Modi helped evacuate 15,000 people from flood-hit Uttarakhand intensified on Tuesday.
Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh on Tuesday said that the Army, police and others are making all efforts to rescue people in Uttarakhand, even in the toughest of situations.
Apparently referring to Modi as "feku", Digvijay Singh said: "Feku (Modi) comes and claims that he has rescued 15,000 people. Don`t lie this much."
"You must be having followers on social networking websites, but the country cannot be duped. Don`t befool the citizens of this country," added Singh.
Replying to Digvijay Singh`s comment, BJP spokesperson Meenakshi Lekhi said that as far as "feku" is concerned, the time has come when the people of this country will root out the Congress-led UPA government.
On Saturday, Modi visited Uttarakhand to meet Gujarati pilgrims stranded due to cloudburst and flash floods. According to reports, Modi and his bureaucrats flew into Uttarakhand and rescued 15,000 Gujarati tourists in a day.
Meanwhile, Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray has also criticised Modi for his "Rambo act".
In an editorial in his party`s newspaper, Thackeray wrote: "It would be better if Modi`s propagandists exercise restraint in future".
The Shiv Sena hit out at Modi for looking after the welfare of only those from Gujarat, and this when Modi is being referred to a Prime Ministerial aspirant.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister